The other day I said to Karen: I feel pretty until I get to work.
She said something like: Well that’s because the industry we’re in. Beauty and anti-aging is everything.
I said no, it’s not that. I just feel prettiest in my workout clothes and no makeup. I don’t know how many other women feel like that, but I’m gonna guess there’s at least a few. That being said, I also don’t want to look haggard and dull without makeup on. So what’s the happy medium? Welll…I am a big fan of treatments that help you look great without makeup. Here are my top faves...
1) Botox/Dysport/Xeomin: Because who are we kidding? You can’t look young and rested when your face is full of deep lines etched in from 40+ years of living life. This is a must. Smooth out your face and suddenly there’s that younger you looking back in the mirror.
2) Facial exfoliation: Maintenance exfoliation will keep your skin looking healthy and glowing, with good clarity and smooth texture, to help you look your best without makeup. Exfoliation should be a year round thing, and can take the form of: dermaplaning, chemical peels like the Skin Ceuticals Micropeel (which includes dermaplaning), Halo or Nano Laser peel, and HydraFacial. HydraFacial is a non-laser resurfacing treatment so there’s no downtime but your skin gets instantaneous results. It’s our special this week too. Please take advantage because we have had to raise our HydraFacial prices. This treatment cleanses, exfoliates, extracts, includes a chemical peel, and there are a variety of skin boosters to help with your skin needs.
3) Tinted sunscreen: We have several tinted sunscreens that we all wear. I use mine instead of foundation. Not only does it even skin tone but most contain antioxidants or hyaluronic acid, and of course, all of them have a high amount of zinc oxide to protect your skin from harmful sun damage. Colorescience’s Even Up and All Calm offer tinted SPF protection but also include a long-term corrective solution for hyperpigmentation or rosacea.
4) Brow tint: A brow tint last 4-6 weeks and multiple shades are available. Having darker and defined eyebrows always makes your eyes stand out more.
5) Microblading: A big step up from brow tinting, microblading will define your eyebrows, your eyes, and your entire face. This was a game changer for me. My blondie brows looked almost nonexistent before Leslie got a hold of me! Leslie churns out gorgeous permanent brows daily. She uses a microblading technique that mimics each eyebrow hair and creates a very natural look. This technique can be used to recreate an entire brow, or just to fill in areas that need more definition, shape or fullness.
6) Lash Tint and/or lift: Lash tint lasts 4-6 weeks and gives you the definition of having mascara on without the mess. Lash lift is miraculous. It’s essentially a perming solution for your lashes. Your lashes will stay curled for 4-6 weeks, rendering your lash curler useless. The difference is dramatic and makes your eyes, and your whole face, appear brighter. My daughter had this done on Friday and her lashes are like butterflies now.
7) Spray tan: An airbrush tan will not only make you feel instantly thinner but it will also even out skin tone and give you a golden, healthy glow year round, without sun damage. #addicted