Some girls like to wear makeup. In this industry I am surrounded by very made-up ladies. Gorgeous women everywhere. On top of that, I feel like we are in the middle of some pretty strong beauty trends right now too: makeup contouring, full gorgeous eyebrows, accomplished with either stencils, brow makeup kits, or microblading, and ultra long lashes, made possible by either extensions or Latisse. Perfected makeup looks beautiful, but to me it’s a little exhausting and I’d just rather not. I thought that this morning as I was putting myself together. I put on my Elta MD UV Daily and some bronzer, a little eyeshadow and almost forgot my mascara. I thought to myself, Do I reaaaallly need to wear mascara? Sigh. Yes. You work at a medspa…put it on!! And then I thought, I need to get Leslie to tint and curl my lashes again so I don’t have to put that mascara on!
If you’re anything like me, or maybe you just want to go au naturelle on the weekends, here are eight things to do so you can avoid wearing makeup.
1) Facial exfoliation: Maintenance exfoliation will keep your skin looking healthy and glowing, with good clarity and smooth texture, to help you look your best without makeup. Exfoliation should be a year round thing, and can take the form of: cleansing daily with a Clarisonic, facials, dermaplaning, microdermabrasion, chemical peels, and Whisper laser resurfacing.
2) Tinted sunscreen: We have several tinted sunscreens that we all wear. I use mine instead of foundation. Not only does it even skin tone but most contain antioxidants or hyaluronic acid, and of course, all of them have a high amount of zinc oxide to protect your skin from harmful sun damage.
3) Brow tint: A brow tint last 4-6 weeks and multiple shades are available. Having darker and defined eyebrows always makes your eyes stand out more!
4) Microblading: Want to go a step further than brow tinting? Microblading is the latest and greatest trend in permanent makeup, and our Leslie churns out gorgeous permanent brows daily. We use a microblading technique that mimics each eyebrow hair and creates a very natural look. This technique can be used to recreate an entire brow, or just to fill in areas that need more definition, shape or fullness.
5) Lash Tint: Lash tint lasts 4-6 weeks and gives you the definition of having mascara on without the mess.
6) Last Lift: Lash lift is miraculous. It’s essentially a perming solution for your lashes. Your lashes will stay curled for 4-6 weeks, rendering your lash curler useless. The difference is dramatic and makes your eyes, and your whole face, appear brighter.
7) Permanent liner: Permanent liner accentuates your eyes 24-hours a day. It also doesn’t run, so you won’t have to worry about having black eye by the afternoon! You can choose how subtle or thick you want it, as well as if you want liner just on the top, or lower liner as well.
8) Spray tan: An airbrush tan will not only make you feel instantly thinner but it will also even out skin tone and give you a golden, healthy glow year round, without sun damage.